Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WORN AGAIN NOLA 3

Last weekend I had a blast participating in Worn Again 3! The place was absolutely packed, so I think it was a successful event and should have raised quite a bit of money for Recycle for the Arts!

My entry, a tribute to the amazing Mardi Gras Indians, won honorable mention! There were so many truly amazing designs. The top 30 or so hit the runway, out of approximately 70 designers who signed up to participate in the event. I've participated in each Worn Again event held so far here in New Orleans, and it definitely keeps getting better each year... The designs were so good! It was hard to imagine some of the finished pieces coming out of a bag of random fabric and old clothes.

Anyway... my boyfriend was amazing and filmed the whole thing, so you can watch my walk down the runway:



Worn Again 3 Fashion Show - Mallory Whitfield from David White on Vimeo.

You can also view some of the other winning designs and their catwalk here.

No comments:

Post a Comment